Sunday, December 09, 2007

I cooked!

Ok, earlier this week I told the cutie I'd come up with 3 things to cook when he returned home and he was excited.

Deviled Eggs
Mince and Dumplings
Peppermint Brownies

So yesterday I started with the last one, nothing to heavy and a treat for later. After 3 trips to the market and 1 to the shops for a hand mixer [yeah, I know, who lives in a country for almost 10 years and doesn't own a hand mixer, that would be us], two phone calls to Mom and big sis for help [salted vs unsalted butter], they were in the oven when the cutie came home. After the usual welcome home "things" he lovingly called me a fraud.

Apparently he thought I was cooking from scratch and my Peppermint Brownies mix was bought from William Sonoma [add eggs and butter, the latter of which I messed up], although it was my idea to add a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle the accompanying Peppermint Snow on top.

Nevermind, the other two things I'll make this week are from scratch :-)

No comments: