Thursday, May 20, 2010

Top 10 Iconic Fashion Ensembles in past 50 Years


This one kind of surprised me, then again, I should've looked through the entire list [see nos. 5, 7 and 9], and known it wasn't "fabulously" iconic list.  The most iconic dress worn in the past 50 years was...Ginger Spice, of the Spice Girls Fame, Union Jack dress! I kid you not! Honestly, I didn't remember it as a dress, and all these years later - I still don't.

Funny thing is, I don't remember the Kylie Minogue gold hot pants [only item not a dress] or the Cindy Crawford red Versace dress [Googled this one in a variety of ways and had no luck, guess I'm not the only one who didn't remember it either].

The poll was conducted by British online retailer Offers Supermarket. Okay, I've never heard of them, and so maybe they known more for their bargins on tv's than they are fashion.

Decide for yourself, here's the list:

1. Geri Halliwell – Union Jack dress – 82%

2. Liz Hurley – Versace safety pin dress – 79%

3. Marilyn Monroe – White dress – 74%


4. Audrey Hepburn – Black dress and pearls in Breakfast at Tiffany’s – 67%

5. Lady Gaga – White outfit and wig worn to the Brit Awards – 63%

6. Diana, Princess of Wales – Wedding dress designed by The Emanuel’s – 58%

7. Kylie Minogue – Gold hot pants – 56%

8. Jennifer Lopez - Sheer green Versace dress worn to the Grammys – 53%

9. Björk - Swan dress worn to the Oscars – 49%

10. Cindy Crawford - Red Versace dress worn to the Oscars – 44%

No comments: