Monday, September 20, 2010

AAD2010 Update!

WOW!  What a weekend!  Lots happened, both book and party-wise, and I want to put you there to enjoy.

Now, while I took my camera, I didn't take one picture - or don't remember taking any.  At the Masquerade Ball, Selena Illyria and I were talking, and I kept saying I should be taking pics of all the fabulous costumes, but that wasn't enough to get me to go upstairs to get the camera.  I have a good reason though.  I knew I wouldn't make it back down.  And, on top of all that, after unpacking and repacking, I boarded a plane for the left and am embracing my exhaustion.

I know, piled high in my office, is all sorts of goodies I brought back from AAD and will share them with you guys - only after I return.  So, sit tight, a load of books and what not's will soon be up for grabs.

In the meantime, I'll share a few highlights.

First up is Leanna Renee Hieber, author of the Strangely Beautiful saga.  At the Sunday breakfast she shared a wonderful display of fan language from the Victorian era.  Very interesting, complicated, and I think a multitude of potential hookups [loving or otherwise] were mssed by misreading the signs.

The panels were great and informative.  The Going Green and eBooks and Me were helpful, especially hearing readers say they liked having covers for their eReaders signed, and would like it even more if the software and device allowed authors to sign their ebooks.  Very cool ideas.  Military Men was one panel I teared up on and Dahlia Rose is an author who, if you're a military romance lover, gives good story.  The BDSM panel was, well, good fun and Leigh Ellwood finished explaining about a demonstration she saw and started sharing on Twitter!  I sat in the audience for the Steampunk panel and am now thinking of dabbling with a short and see how it feels.

Parties!  Parties!  Parties!  There were loads of them, both for AAD and in rooms [room 696 - Joey Hill's fans who were delightful - rocked].  Our LIP [Love's Immortal Pantheon] Ambrosia and Chocolate party was a blast.  I dipped a rice crispy thing in the fountain of molten goodness and liked it.  Although it could be an addiction of goodness if you're not careful. 

Then there was the vendor room.  OMG!  I'm not sure it was ever quiet in there.  The tattoo artist and the ladies for We've Gotcha Covered were worked to the bone.  The bookseller had all sorts of goodies in there, not just books, and the owner gave me a hint of what might be coming to Philly - oh boy!  One of the best bits about the weekend was that the raffles of authors/publishers baskets raised over $2500.00 for two local animal shelters.  How cool is that!?!

Stella Price worked some serious magic on organizing AAD2010 and yes, I've already marked my calendar to go next year in Philadelphia.

That's all I remember at the moment and will share anything else that comes to mind.  Promise!

2 comments:

practimom said...

oh, its sounds like you had a blast! I have yet to read Leanne's books, but they are on my TBR pile. You are just hyping me up to go to RT 2011 next year! Just reading what a great time you had wants me to make it be April already!!

That would be cool if the authors could sign the ereaders...

Tilly Greene said...

Rest up, darlin', RT is wild busy and you'll love every minute :-)