Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Have you ever heard of Wonder Woman Day V?

What about I-IV?

You should because it's a day during October which is national Domestic Violence Awareness month!

Okay, I hadn't heard of it until yesterday, but I think this is a fabulous way to put DVA in the spotlight.  Wonder Woman is a great icon to have stand up for those that need a something more.  There are events with costumed characters and comic creators attending being organized in both Portland, OR and Flemington, NJ on October 24 and a variety of auctions going on throughout the month to raise money for domestic violence shelters and programs.  Comic writer Andy Mangels is the magic behind the day and you can unearth even more details by visiting the Wonder Woman Museum.  I'm sure you'll find something to suit you or maybe family member for the holidays.  By the way, they're kid friendly, so bring the family!

Oh, wait, you want to know what about this day caught my attention?

It was artist David Chelsea's offering for auction and I shall be bidding! 



Venus of Willendorf is gorgeous as Wonder Woman!

No comments: