Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Do Unto Others

Remember hearing that as a kid?

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, otherwise known as The Golden Rule.  Did you know that throughout time just about every spiritual group has personalized The Golden Rule, but it pretty much remains the same?  I didn't, but am now hoping people will think more often about this Rule.

Anyway, got off on a tagent there, Do Unto Others is a Self Chec advertisement.  A couple of months ago I was on Osocio, Social Advertising and Non-profit Campaigns site, and read their Love Yourself article posted by Tom Meggison.  Fabulous work and he's right, Iggy Pop is an interesting person to be inspired by and yet it suits the Self Chec objective perfectly [you may need to read the short article to understand that one].

By the way, Self Chec means just that, check yourself - in this case for testicular cancer - and if not you, then Do Unto Others.

Updated Note posted at 8:07am:  In case you didn't know, I use the Share on Facebook button found at the bottom of my blog postings, and have never, ever, had any troubles - until today.  Someone told Facebook to stop this Self Chec poster from being put onto their site because its, I assume, offensive to them - are you kidding me?  When given a chance to inform Facebook that I disagreed and why, I took it, we'll see if anything comes of it.  Meanwhile, my hackles are up!

No comments: