Thursday, January 20, 2011

Golden Globes Fashion Thoughts

The award season is here and that means it's time to indulge my passion for fashion!

Sunday was full of football, both the British and US version, and then the Golden Globes started.  There were a few films noted that I hadn't heard of before and am now eager to see, and some I'd wanted to see that now I must see - but none of that matters when it comes to great, fabulous, fashion.

My favorite isn't so much a single gown as it was a color:  green.  The two that made me sit up and take notice were the Monique Lhuillier worn by Catherine Zeta-Jones, the Vera Wang dress Mila Kunis chose, and Donna Karan on Elisabeth Moss.


What else caught my eye was simple elegant drama and Eva Longoria in Zac Posen and Olivia Wilde in Marchesa were the two I liked the most.  Even though the pictures don't show it, but the latter was a chocolate brown - yummy.


Something else I quite liked that came from the former group was how refreshing it was to see curves were embraced.  Sofia Vergara in Vera Wang was my favorite in this grouping, if not overall.  There's something about the black belt on the red dress that just pulls it all together and looks totally wearable while still being formal.


There you go, my brief thoughts on the Golden Globes fashion, now, just around the corner are the SAG Awards [January 30], Grammys and BAFTA Awards [both February 13] with the Super Bowl [February 6]sandwiched in between - oh yes, I can't wait for all the fun!

In fact, there will be a contest sandwiched in there, so keep your eyes peeled!

By the way, thank you to Skinny vs Curvy for the pics above.

No comments: