Saturday, January 01, 2011

Hello 2011!

I'm choosing to greet the new year by sharing with you a few pics from a fabulous calendar and it just so happens to embrace two of my personal favorites - fashion and Ancient Greek Mythology!

The Pirelli Calendar was shot by Karl Lagerfeld, fashion icon, and he just so happened to have done a wonderful job.  To make the calendar even better, Lagerfeld focused the monthly pictures on and around Greek Mythology!

Now that is beyond words for me to express how exciting it would be to own this calendar.  I can't, but I can share a couple pics with you that I found at WWD, and we can all bask in the glory that will be 2011.

I suppose you want to know who that is [to the right] playing Apollo.  He's a Frenchman, model named Baptiste Giabiconi and I think this is a pretty fabulous picture of him.  Oh, and the codpiece, well, yeah, it's also spectacular!

You can read more about the shoot, brrr, and check out more of the pics, they are so cool.

And, with my love for the Ancient Greeks in mind, I'll share something else with you.  I'm in the midst of finishing my 5th tale in the Mythological Messes Redux series. Put a satyr together with a nymph and the loving is going to be wild.

Here's one more pic because I can't resist.  This is Erin Wasson, an American model, as Ajax.  So cool!

No comments: