Monday, January 31, 2011

Time to Talk Big Organs

Not to long ago I brought up the Self Chek scheme and where I saw the article, Osocio [Social advertising and non-profit campaigns from around the globe].  Well, they've brought another program to my attention, and it has a fashion link:  Marc Jacobs.

Unfortuantely the article points out a few hard truths and questions what the motives are behind the campaign.

I have no idea why Jacobs put his name on this project and I don't care.  It's creative, pushes buttons, and makes concern over skin cancer hip and wearable.  What I do hope is that someone will push the designer to use his clout and get the shirts in stores.  Shoot, sell them in Target, but get them out there and make the  NYU School of Medicine’s Interdisciplinary Melanoma Cooperative Group some money!

I'd buy the Sean Avery tee in a heartbeat and it's not because it's blue :-)

By the way, in case you missed it, the big organ referred to in the title is our skin.

No comments: