Thursday, February 03, 2011

SAG Fashion Thoughts

SAG, Screen Actors Guild, is another great award ceremony.  Not to watch, but to feed my need for fashion, and I wasn't disappointed this year.

Most looked great, but I got a kick out of the risk takers.  In black it was Julie Bowen in a Catherine Malandrino sleek one-piece, Christine Hendricks in a long sparkling smoking jacket from L'Wren Scott, and Dianna Agron in vintage vintage Chanel Couture.  On the red side was Sarah Hyland in Max Mara Elegante and Julianna Margulies in Yves St Laurent.  And then Hailee Steinfeld and Jennifer Lawrence brought it all together by keeping it fun, bright, and age appropriate in Prada and Oscar de la Renta, respectively.

My favorite couldn't be narrowed down from three.


Kyra Sedgwick in vintage Thierry Mugler, Rosario Dawson in J Mendel, and Tina Fey in Oscar de la Renta.  All are great dresses and perfectly put together on the ladies.

2 comments:

Jane said...

I vote for Tina Fey. She looked great and I was happy because she wore some not so pretty dresses at some previous events.

Tilly Greene said...

I was listening to the E! Red Carpet thing with half an ear and heard one of the commentators mention a particular designer sent an actress a letter giving her hints of what to wear. Not necessarily his clothes either, but the shapes, colors, etc that would look good on her. It wasn't Tina Fey, but I wonder if de la Renta contacted her and said "let me dress you". If so, he did a fabulous job, if not, good on her for finally picking something seriously flattering. Yup, she looked great, and her personality still shined - win/win :-)