Thursday, March 03, 2011

Oscar Fashion Thoughts

Safe, that's what I think Oscar fashion was  this year.  It's not a bad four letter word, just not very exciting.  There were wonderful gowns, worn well, and seemed to suit the person who put it on.  Great, lovely, but eh - not anything to jump and down with glee over.

That said, here's how it broke down for me.  First up, those who dressed as suited their public image, and it worked fabulously.  They are Gwyneth Paltrow in Calvin Klein, Jennifer Hudson in Versace, and Michelle Williams in Chanel.


Each is totally different and they look beautiful, probably because they were happy with what they were wearing and weren't dealing with something wearing them.  Loved the liquid gold look of Gwyneth's dress, the blood orange [some said tangerine] color of Jennifer's, and the don't need to flash the flesh to be sexy of Michelle's.

Next would be the rarely talked about gals who looked better than great, but the pundits didn't take the time to highlight them - but I will.  Aishwarya Rai in Armani Prive and Camila Alves in Kaufman Franco


Gorgeous ladies, not matter what they're wearing, and both have seriously handsome partners, but the media focused on fashion said nothing.  Shame.  I should confess that Aishwarya Rai had a hand in shapping my heroine for India, so I'm biased when it comes to her.

And then there are the two that made me smile - which is close to an ooo or ahhh.  Reese Witherspoon in Armani Prive and Hailee Steinfeld in Marchesa.


Reese's hair and simple gown was perfect, she looked great and comfortable in what she had on.  Hailee is fourteen years old, fourteen, and she looked the bomb!  Love it from her shoes to headband.

Last, but not least, is the one gown that made me think - well, now, that is fashion!  Hilary Swank in Gucci looked great.  She wasn't as physically tight as she usually is, which made the match of her and her dress work really well.  The last time I adored her choice was when she wore the Guy Laroche to the Oscars and won.


There you have, the last of my fashion thoughts from this years award season.  Thank you mannaismayaadventure for the pictures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah this makes me want to take another trip back to his beautiful shop in Antwerp, I remember marvelling at all the gorgeous things when I visited in December!

Tilly Greene said...

I know what you mean - sometimes we need to a fashion fix and to see it up close is needed, Antwerp works for me :-)