Monday, October 17, 2011

Naughty Fashion Thought for Monday

Glasses.

I wear them, lots of people weat them, but are you looking at them in this ad for Harvey Haydon by Sabine Villiard as found on Homotography?

It's called the You'd Be Naked Without Those Spectacles and while I like the glasses, I'm still trying to figure out what's tattooed on his stomach, between his Apollo's  belt or Adonis's - take your pick.

By the way, I believe the word is either Varitas or Vanitas.  I can't find anything on the former and the latter is a symbolic art from the 16-17th Centuries.  However, my best guess would be that it's actually Veritas who was the Roman goddess of truth.

As before, my eyes aren't going to where they were supposed to go, but in this case, I'm reminded it's time for an eye exam!

2 comments:

anny cook said...

All right, I confess I went and had a look... And yeah...I had to consciously look at the specs... :-)

Tilly Greene said...

Great! I'm not alone in not looking at what's being sold :-)