Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Banned Books Week: The Queen of Fabulous Books, period!

An author who seems to have a permanent place in the hearts of challengers is Judy Blume.  I have no idea why.  As a child I loved reading her books and I am not damaged from the experience.

This year's Banned Books Week has me thinking of Blume, not just because her books are often on the top 10 challenged [oddly enough not this year] but more because she was diagnosed with breast cancer in June.  I knew then I'd dedicate a day to showcasing Judy Blume's banned/challenged books and here you go:

Are You There God?  It's Me, Margaret

Blubber

Deenie

Forever

Here's to You, Rachel Robinson

Iggie's House

It's Not the End of the World

The One in the Middle Is the Green Kangaroo*

Otherwise Known as Shelia the Great

Starring Sally J. Freedman as Herself

Superfudge

Then Again, Maybe I Won't

Tiger Eyes

All but one (*) of the above books is available for Kindles.  Also, if you're interested, Blume has a great page on her webiste dedicated to censorship, check it out!

No comments: