Friday, September 13, 2013

Happy Friday Hint!

While I'm writing I like to have something playing in the background. Sometimes I fall into the show and other times I just blank it out entirely. What I am currently watching, sort of, is Anthony Bourdain: The Layover.

What a great concept for a show. He has 24 hours, sometimes 36 and occasionally 48, to see a city. The first one I saw was London back in 2011 and I still remember a street truck/shack for early morning bacon sarnies and 2 restaurants ... one in The City where you have the same waiter every time you go.  I want to visit these and many others as well.

I love how he takes the viewer to a city and not do what's not in the tour guide. The restaurants are a large part of the show, Bourdain is a chef after all, but he visits both posh and street trucks for an overall taste of what is offered. Then there are the bars he visits ... all look fun for a variety of reasons.

So, what did I do to get my layover fix? I downloaded The Layover App so it goes with me, everywhere, and I now have the places to try at my fingertips.  Thank you Travel Channel!

Travel fix taken care of and an idea for the 20th anniversary trip ... happy Friday!

No comments: